Before deciding on going with AWS certification in London, let us have a look at some powerful stats regarding AWS.
- Over 80% of professionals earn higher salaries as a direct consequence of cloud certification.
- Nearly 52% of professionals believe that the certification opened up their career opportunities.
- Professionals who acquire certifications observe a salary hike of around USD12,000 to USD 13,000
- According to the 2020 CBRE report, there has been a 12% increase in the demand for cloud skills in the last year.
- The average annual salary of a cloud computing professional, according to the CBRE report, is around USD 153,500
- The base salary of cloud engineers, according to LinkedIn, USD 117,668 in March 2021
- Along with certifications, recruiters prefer professionals with hands-on experience in working with the cloud.
With AWS, you can get services such as database storage, compute power, content delivery, and many other services that allow you to build sophisticated applications with improved scalability, flexibility, and reliability.
What is AWS?
AWS or Amazon Web Services, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is a cloud computing platform that offers cloud computing services for personal use, government agencies, businesses, organization on the basis of paid subscriptions.
The pricing model of AWS is the pay-as-you-go model, which means that you have to pay only for services that you use. It allows you to build scalable and reliable business solutions with business features such as development and management tools, content delivery management, analytics services, storage services, computing, database management, messaging services, payments services, app services, mobile networking, and on-demand workforce.
AWS holds a massive 41.5% of the cloud computing market, according to Cloud Security Alliance (CSA). And this share is more than its competitors combined.
To support cloud computing needs, AWS struck a USD 600 billion deal with the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) in 2013.
Did You Know?
AWS has more than 1 million active users, of which 10% are enterprise-scale customers, and the rest of them are small and medium-sized businesses.
The number of services offered by AWS is a huge 175. Those are full-functional services delivered through a dynamic ecosystem that lets customers deploy application workloads with ms latency in just a single click.
AWS Partner Network
Many Fortune 500 companies and 90% of Fortune 100 companies leverage APN or AWS Partner Network for developing solutions and services for their customers.
Reasonable AWS Services
AWS services prices fall down continually, according to the new TSO Logic Report. The report also reveals that the prices offered by AWS services have been lowered by 67% since its launch in 2006.
A Wide Array of Databases
There are 15 purpose-built databases offered by AWS. Its optimized database services provide solutions that are highly available, scalable, efficient, and ensure great support for demanding workloads.
The digital catalog offered by AWS Marketplace features more than 7000 software listings and data products. This enables sellers and data providers to curate appropriate third-party products and software by inculcating the digital catalog into web properties.
Benefits of getting AWS Certified
AWS certifications are meant to demonstrate your skills in designing and managing software solutions on Amazon’s super-powerful cloud platform.
AWS is everywhere! It is providing its services in 77 availability zones and that too in twenty-four geographic regions around the world. Currently, AWS is planning to launch 18 additional Availability Zones and 6 more regions in India, Spain, Switzerland, Australia, Japan, and Indonesia.
As an increasing number of businesses are moving towards the cloud platform to achieve some significant benefits, including improved efficiency and reduced costs, professionals with the required skills and certification enjoy a plethora of opportunities to choose and launch top-paying careers.
Let’s have a look at some of the benefits of AWS Certifications. An AWS Certification
- Demonstrates your skills and knowledge in the concerned cloud platform
- AWS certified professionals are consistently listed among top-salaried IT professionals across the world
- With AWS certification, you are recognized industry-wide as a professional who possesses well-designed and reliable tech credentials
- The certification provides access to a community of like-minded professionals as well as AWS thought-leaders
- It demonstrates dedication and credibility to your career path towards cloud engineering
- Once hired, with more than one certification, you get paid huge salaries.
- AWS requires you to recertify yourself, which implies that your AWS skills are consistent and updated
The two main categories of certifications offered by AWS are:
Core certifications and Specialty Certifications
AWS Core Certifications cover three main knowledge areas that include architecture, operations, and development. These certifications are offered in three skill levels, namely Foundational, Associate, and Professional.
AWS Specialty Certifications demonstrate your advanced expertise in specified IT disciplines, including Big data, information security, and networking.
Have an idea of certifications offered by AWS with the image given below:
Salaries with AWS Certifications
Did you know that AWS certified professionals are ranked among the highest-paid certification holders?
As per a recent survey by Global Knowledge, the average salary of an AWS-certified professional is around USD 129,868.
Some of the salaries are:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate: USD 130,883
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Professional: USD 148,456
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional: USD 137,724
- AWS Certified Developer- Associate: USD 130,272
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator- Associate: USD 130,610
With AWS certification, you can get jobs for designations such as:
- DevOps Engineer – USD 93,000 to USD 144,000
- Operation Support Engineer – USD 59,000 to USD 92,000
- Cloud Software Engineer – USD 63,000 to USD 93,000
- System Integrator – USD 81,000
- Cloud Developer – USD 95,000
- AWS Solutions Architect – USD 98,000 to USD 150,000
- AWS SysOps Administrator – USD 111,000 to USD 160,000
- Senior AWS Cloud Architect – USD 165,000
The cloud computing domain will continue to grow exponentially thereby making lots of career opportunities available for IT professionals. With the leading cloud service provider AWS, this can be rewarding.
Attain a certification in AWS and get your dream job in cloud computing. An online training course can help you make your career path easier as they have a learning plan set carefully to prepare you with all the learning stuff inside out.