Over the last couple of decades, the iGaming industry has witnessed an increase in the demand for online gambling sites as people’s lifestyle choices have changed to embrace the convenience of internet gambling. Naturally, Ireland has positively responded, however, the introduction of multiple new online casinos has given rise to a tricky dilemma.
Not only are players from Ireland spoiled for choice, but how do they know which site is best suited to their needs? Keep reading to discover the best online casinos Ireland has to offer, what factors to consider when choosing an online casino, how to sign up with a top site and what you can expect.
Factors to consider when choosing an online casino
Before we reveal our top picks for Irish gamblers, let’s discuss the key factors to consider when choosing an online casino. Not every site is as trustworthy as it may seem, so the following pointers are crucial for enjoying a safe and reliable online gambling experience.
Licensed and regulated
All reputable online casinos will be licensed and regulated by trusted gaming authorities like the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), the Gambling Regulatory Authority of Ireland (GRAI) or the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
Safety and security
The best online gambling sites will utilise strong SSL encryption technology for all transactions to protect any sensitive data. Only safe and reliable payment methods will be offered to ensure instant deposits and fast withdrawals. Players will be offered protection tools such as deposit limits, reality checks and time-outs to promote responsible gambling.
Games and software
Top Irish online sites will offer a wide choice of casino games, which may include slots, jackpots, table games, video poker, scratch cards, instant wins and live dealer game shows or tables. Games will be powered by licensed software providers, such as Play’n GO, NetEnt, Evolution and Pragmatic Play.
All games are subject to third-party auditors such as eCOGRA, which monitor the return to player (RTP) rates and random number generator (RNG) stats to ensure fair gaming compliance. These reports are often posted on the casino’s website.
Bonuses and promotions
The best online casinos for Irish players will offer attractive welcome bonuses and regular player promotions such as deposit reloads, cashback deals and free spins. In addition, you can expect to find either a loyalty points scheme or VIP program, or sometimes both, which award extra bonuses and exclusive membership rewards such as a higher cashback percentage or priority withdrawals.
You can expect bonuses at the best online sites to have clear and transparent terms which are fair and achievable. You will be able to easily see the expiry date, maximum win cap, minimum deposit amount, wagering contributions and any other playthrough restrictions prior to claiming the bonus.
Irish punters will have a wide choice of payment methods available to them when registering with a top online casino. These typically include debit cards, e-wallets, pre-paid vouchers, mobile pay and bank transfers. Top banking providers include Visa, PayPal, Apple Pay, Skrill, Mastercard and Paysafecard.
Deposits should be instant and withdrawals should be processed quickly, but may take anywhere from a few hours to up to five days depending on the payment method. Top casinos will not charge fees for deposits or withdrawals and any limits will not be too restrictive.
Mobile platforms and apps
Players from Ireland can expect most casinos to offer fully optimised mobile platforms which can be launched from their web browser for instant play. The platforms are adapted to fit to any size screen whether smartphone or tablet and are usually compatible with major operating systems such as iOS and Android.
Some casinos may offer a dedicated mobile app which will provide the same functionalities as the desktop or instant play platform, including deposits, withdrawals, game selection and bonuses. You may even be offered exclusive bonuses for downloading and playing on a site’s app.
The best online casino sites will offer responsive and knowledgeable customer support which is typically available 24/7 through online chat and email. Many will offer multilingual service and some may offer support via the telephone although this is not quite as common. In addition, the best casinos will have a comprehensive FAQ section which may help to resolve any minor issues.
How to sign up at a top online casino
Signing up at an online casino is really straightforward and shouldn’t take up too much of your time. Just follow this quick-step guide to get started:
- Choose from one of our recommended online casinos,
- Click on “Join”, “Sign Up” or “Register”, which is usually found in the top right corner.
- Enter a valid email address and create a unique password.
- Enter your name, address, gender, birth date and a valid mobile phone number.
- Click “Join”, “Sign Up”, “Register” or “Create Account” to complete the process.
Once registered, you may need to visit your inbox to click on a verification link or receive instructions via your mobile to activate your new casino account, which is why it’s important to provide a valid email address and telephone number. You can only register for one account.
At reputable online sites, you will also need to provide documentation as proof of ID, this is typically done electronically and is encrypted to protect any sensitive data. Without completing this step at a licensed casino, you will not be able to withdraw any winnings.
The best online casinos Ireland 2023
Now that you know what to look for in the best online casinos, why not compare our top picks. Each site is licensed and regulated to provide a safe and reliable gambling experience. All of these sites will offer a great range of features, including attractive bonuses, mobile compatibility, a great variety of games, reliable payment options and the very best in software provision:
- LeoVegas: Excellent reputation, wide choice of online games including a live casino, fantastic welcome bonus offering 100% match deposit of up to £1,000 plus 200 free spins, competitive sportsbook and multiple payment options.
- Casumo: Licensed by MGA, extensive games portfolio with over 3,000 titles on offer including live casino games, 24/7 customer support through live chat and email, multiple payment options, regular promotions and a welcome bonus that offers a 100% match deposit of up to £300 plus 50 free spins.
- Crocoslots: A fresh and exciting casino that offers a huge welcome package of up to £3,000 plus 225 free spins, fast withdrawals, a VIP program, superb games selection including live dealer tables plus an easy to navigate interface.
- LuckyDays: A popular destination for Irish gamblers with a clean-cut design, lightning deposits and speedy withdrawals, multiple payment options including cryptocurrency, over 2,200 casino games and an attractive welcome bonus offering up to £1,000 plus 100 free spins.
- Doggo Casino: This creatively themed casino offers a huge games portfolio including live casino titles, numerous promotions including a welcome bonus of up to £1,000 plus 200 free spins, and multiple payment options including cryptocurrency.
- QuickSlot: Licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, QuickSlot is a creatively designed casino offering a superb collection of online games, live dealer tables and a competitive sports betting platform. There are multiple promotions to be found, including a 200% deposit match of up to £500 with 10% cashback every day of the week.
- HappySpins: Yet another great casino games portfolio with live dealer titles plus a lively sportsbook, offers numerous promotions including a welcome bonus featuring a 200% deposit match of up to £200 plus 10% daily cashback, multiple payment options are also available.
Take time to browse our 2023 ultimate ranking online casinos for Irish players, you won’t be disappointed. Select the site which best suits your needs and gameplay preferences. Don’t forget to claim the welcome bonus as this can help extend your budget, and always gamble responsibly.