India is a land with history, diversity, differences and cultural blessings. And when we speak about diversity, we cannot forget the uniqueness that every state has to offer. From the south to the north and the west to the east, every state has its own geographical aspects and features that make our India, a land with a beautiful landscape.
It will be utter incomplete while mentioning if we don’t mention our very own Jammu and Kashmir, our pride and paradise. Of Course, living in such a paradise is a dream come true. But working here full-time would be an opportunity no one wants to miss. In the state, which is majorly supported financially by tourism, a job in the government organisation could undoubtedly be a golden opportunity for the youth.
There are various positions around the year in the police department, administration department etc., which can be bagged by appearing in the competitive exams. Competitive exams such as Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Boards is a ticket for the youth who wants to claim one such fantastic future to work with government bodies
Appearing for the exam and clearing one is the second step, but what could be a vital and baby step is knowing all the essentials about the JKSSB (Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Boards).
Let us know about JKSSB in details;
Overview and eligibility
- JKSSB recruitment releases notifications of various Forest, Ecology and Environment, Health and Medical department openings etc.
- A candidate must successfully complete the registration on the official website of JKSSB by providing the basic details, after which the candidate has to submit the necessary scanned documents in approved formats.
- The documents must include Passport, Aadhar Card, Qualification certificates, Scanned Photograph, Caste Certificates and NOC from the current employer.
- The test is conducted as a written and skill test, which carries a weightage of 80% and 20%, respectively.
- The age limit is relaxed for reserved categories for All the vacancies for the Class IV positions.
- The admit card is issued to the candidate only after the application is successfully accepted.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- The syllabus of the JKSSB exam includes the subjects like;
Basic Reasoning includes topics like Relationship concepts, Direct Sense, Number series, Coding-decoding, Venn Diagram etc
Basic Mathematics has chapters like Percentage, Average, Probability, Problem of age etc.
General Awareness and Science has topics such as History of India, Indian Geography, Current Affairs, Culture of Jammu and Kashmir, Sports etc.
Basic English includes the Articles, Prepositions, Verbs, Synonyms, Spellings, Sentences etc.
- After scoring above the cutoff marks in the exams, a candidate is expected to appear for the document verification.
- The documents required are Photographs, Original ID proof, Certificates of Qualifications, Proof of Date of Birth and a Caste Certificate for anyone who belongs to a reserved category.
Books for references
- One may consider enrolling in tutorials for training purposes. However, it is recommended that the candidates refer to a few books suggested by the experts.
- For every subject, there are a couple of books that may help prepare for the exams.
- For example, Verbal and Non- Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal is one of the best ones for the Basic Reasoning, General English for Competitive exams By S.C Gupta for English.
- JKSSB results are declared on the official website after a few months of the written exams.
- Each question is valued by one mar, making it a 100 marks question paper; each wrong answer carries 0.25 negative marking.
- Sometimes the authorities provide a link where the candidate can object to the answer if he/ she thinks the answer is wrong; however, the objection should be raised in the given time.
Jammu And Kashmir Services Selection Board allows anyone who wants to get work relocation to this beautiful state. It also provides an incredible opportunity for the youth from Jammu and Kashmir to work within their state. After all, who isn’t compassionate to work in an organisation?