Rehabilitation, also referred to as rehab, is the process of receiving specialized therapies with the goal of assisting patients in recovering from physical or mental disorders as well as any type of addiction. There are various forms of addiction: the most prevalent are alcohol and drug addiction, but there are also others, such behavioral addictions or gambling. Depending on the patient’s particular needs, treatment may take place in either inpatient or outpatient facilities. You have the extra advantage of being removed from your normal surroundings and routine in a residential (inpatient) rehab programme, which enables you to concentrate solely on your recovery.
Addiction treatment: how does it work?
Standard addiction treatment involves a highly individualized, staged approach combining mental therapy, medical care, and alternative methods. Programs are created individually but typically adhere to the following guidelines:
- In conjunction with a general health check, assessment and evaluation of the alcohol/drug problem are performed
- Medical detoxification for alcohol and drugs withdrawal
- Addiction treatment programs for alcohol and drugs
- Programs for aftercare
Going to a treatment center abroad, is it a good choice?
- Yes, you will find the necessary tranquility there, far from your usual environment;
- You will be able to focus on your rehabilitation from alcohol, drugs, gambling, without distraction;
- For foreign patients, the care program is carried out in English.
Attending a drug or alcohol recovery facility abroad may have advantages. Traveling abroad for treatment, sometimes known as “medical tourism,” occurs when those who need addiction treatment decide to do so in order to get medical care.
If you’re thinking about getting treatment for your addiction abroad, take a look at some of the following:
Benefits of going to rehab abroad
While you may have a tendency to believe that staying with family and friends will aid in your recovery, leaving your home and seeking care in a foreign location will significantly increase your chances of success. Being treated away from home like Rehab abroad can have an impact for the following reasons:
- Change of scenery. You will be better able to fully commit to the treatment process and achieve better results if you receive treatment away from home and your regular environment. By removing yourself from your obligations, you can create a new way of life for yourself far from the people or circumstances that cause and feed your addiction.
- Privacy. Maintaining your privacy while undergoing treatment is essential. Complete privacy is ensured by being away from home for a quick and efficient recuperation.
- Tranquility. For your recovery and healing, our partner clinics offer inpatient facilities in a beautiful, relaxing, and tranquil environment.
- Reduced costs. When you travel abroad for addiction treatment, you can save up to 50% on treatment costs.
Why choose Thailand for Rehab Abroad?
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Thailand offers you the opportunity to overcome drug addiction in a privileged environment with:
- An individualized, intensive and flexible treatment program, adapted to the profile of each beneficiary;
- An interdisciplinary team of professionals: medicine, psychiatry, psychology, social work and social education, among others;
- An integral intervention, scientifically validated and coordinated at the physiological, psychological and social levels;
- Facilities that are cosy and hospitable in a beautiful natural location.