The CBSE class 12 examinations are one of the most important examinations of a student’s life. A good score in this exam can help you start your higher studies in the college of your choice. This is why preparing for the CBSE class 12 examinations is a difficult task that requires a lot of planned preparation. One of the best tools that the students can use to prepare for their CBSE class 12 examinations is CBSE previous year question paper.
CBSE Previous year question papers provide many benefits and advantages to the student for their preparation. Here are some of the best advantages and benefits you can receive by using previous year question papers as a tool for your CBSE class 12 exam preparations.
Advantages Of Using Previous Year Question Papers For CBSE Class 12 Exam Preparations
● Understanding The Question Pattern
The class 12 examinations of the CBSE board is a difficult examination if you are going into the exam without proper preparation and understanding of the examination pattern. Having a good grasp of the examination pattern helps you in the following ways:
- It helps you get an idea of the types of questions you can encounter in the examination for any particular topic.
- It helps you understand the weightage of each topic and enables you to create your own study plan.
- Understanding the examination pattern helps you know your own strong and weak topics, which you can then prepare for adequately.
● Helps You Practice Your Answer Writing Timing
The class 12 papers are lengthy, which is a common complaint among students who sit for the examination. One of the ways you can prepare and practice your writing time is by practising using the previous year question papers. Previous year question papers have the actual questions that have come for the examination; this allows you to understand the question pattern while practising your writing time.
The best utilisation of your efforts can be made if you can plan out and work on these three things while practising your writing time using previous year question papers.
- How much time do you need per question?
- Is the time you need per question enough for you to finish your paper in time?
- Do you have sufficient time to complete your paper and then check it before the examination time is over?
These are the things you need to make sure of before sitting for your class 12 examination. This will help you give your best and get the best results from your examination.
● Helps You Revise Your Preparation
Exam preparation is at its best when you prepare as well as test yourself consistently. This will help you understand the depth of your preparation and your own strengths and weaknesses. However, it is important to practice using question papers only after you are done preparing your entire syllabus. They are the most effective when used as a tool of revision and not a tool of studying. Studying from question papers can lead you to not having a good grasp of the subject. That can cause you to be unprepared for your examination.
Here are some things that you need to ask and follow when you are using previous year question papers for revising a subject.
- How well are you able to answer the questions?
- Do you feel comfortable and knowledgeable about the subject matter of all the questions?
- Are you able to formulate your answers in the best way to ensure full marks from each question?
If you answer yes, to the questions mentioned above, then congratulations, your preparation is on point, and you are ready for the examination. If you answer no, now you know precisely where you need to work to get yourself prepared for the examination. As it is always said, ‘practice makes perfect.’ Don’t stop your preparation early if you are comfortable with your paper; keep practising to keep yourself sharp.
● Helps You Emulate Actual Examination Conditions
Many students suffer from examination fear; no matter how well they prepare in the examination hall, they cannot deliver their 100%. For students that suffer from this problem, it is generally helpful to practice emulating the examination experience at their home. After doing it several times, students often feel more comfortable at exams and are able to give their best at the examination hall.
Besides getting yourself used to the examination pressure, you can also test yourself and time yourself while completing the papers. This will improve your answering accuracy when giving the actual timed examination. It will also improve your overall preparation for the examination. To get the most out of your emulation experience, here are some things that you can follow.
- Try to make sure that you properly recreate the examination hall scenario. This will help you immensely on the day of your actual examination.
- Time your test and adhere to it; make sure that you are able to finish the paper in the given time and do not take breaks in the middle of your paper.
- Make sure that you can finish the paper as soon as possible to get more time to check your paper finally.
If you follow these pointers, you will be able to get over your nervousness and give your best efforts on the day of your exam. It will also help you check your preparation and give you the confidence to know you are well-prepared for the examination when it comes.
Where Can You Find CBSE Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers?
The CBSE board officially provides previous year question papers of all subjects for both class 12 and class 10. You can download the papers here. Now that you have the resource of previous year question papers at your disposal be sure to use it wisely. Use the papers to get an understanding of your preparation for the examination. And also, be sure to study the question papers to understand the question pattern of CBSE class 12 to help your preparation.