“We are being choked to death by the amount of plastic that we throw away. It’s killing our oceans. It’s entering into our bodies in the fish we eat.” – Kevin Bacon
With the growing awareness that has been created by various organizations working towards the environment, we are quite aware of the fact that plastics result in causing pollution. But still, now, no matter what we order, be it an online gift delivery wrapped in a plastic wrapper or some other essentials – everything comes in Alternatives to Plastic bags. To put a stop to our constant usage of plastics, we have come up with a few effective alternatives and the ways we can use these alternatives. Make sure to give this article a read to find out more and to contribute towards the wellbeing of our Mother Nature. Remember, these changes might seem small but are going to make a lot of significant changes.
- Replace your plastic shopping bags with reusable net string bags. You can find these bags anywhere even at your nearest supermarket. You can carry these bags to shop for groceries, vegetables, and other essentials.
- Use glass containers in place of Alternatives to Plastic jars. They tend to keep spaces, condiments, nuts, and other such things intact and fresh for long periods of time.
- When you order chocolates online or groceries online, there are high chances that you may ten them in plastic bags. What you can do is take them out of the plastic bags, wash them nicely, cut them into small pieces, and store them in some reusable mesh bags or ziplock pouches.
- If you are shopping for groceries, then shop from a farm or organic producer directly. There are quite fewer chances of them supplying their products in a plastic bag. But rather in some cloth or jute bags.
- Try making sauces, dips, and salad dressings which may come packed in plastic packets at your home. You can easily find their recipes online over various websites. Get the ingredients that you require and say no to all those products which come packed in plastic bags.
- Many people have made some lifestyle choices by saying no to those milk that comes packed in plastic packaging and has opted for plant-based milk. They have said that plant-based milk is certainly more nutritious and helps in the overall digestion process.
- The majority of the people have a soft corner of relishing teas which come packed in Alternatives to Plastic sachets. You can replace your current tea brand which serves the teas in plastic sachets with some other tea brand that would offer you high-quality teas but is at the same time, plastic-free.
- We sure may have overlooked the fact that our toothbrushes, toothpaste containers, and other dental hygiene products come even packed in plastic packaging. And we might have thrown a few of them away, consciously or unconsciously without realizing that they are made of plastic. Haven’t we? So, the best possible alternatives for maintaining a plastic-free dental hygiene routine would be to try out toothpaste tablets or toothpaste in glass jars. Trust us, these things are not something alien, they are many brands dealing in them.
- Even in our skincare products, plastics have made their way. But not anymore, as you choose some skincare products made with glass or recyclable materials. They are a much more sustainable option as compared to the deadly plastics.
- Our trash bags are majorly made of plastics. How did we even miss out on that? But you can switch into the compostable trash bags which are biodegradable to save Mother Earth from the nightmares plastics have caused her.
Hope, by using these ways and alternatives we are all gonna come together to make this Earth – a better place!