Over the years, outdoor socket installations have presented various challenges to individuals and professionals working in the electrical industry. The harsh weather conditions and exposure to dust and debris make environments like the balcony, swimming pool, and garage extremely unfit for electrical installations.
The establishment of ingress protection in 1976 by the International Electrotechnical Commission paved the way for manufacturers to fine-tune their offerings and provide consumers with utmost protection to their electrical equipment from dust, debris, and water. The advent of the ip66 rating has enhanced the durability of various electronic devices. In this article, we give you a detailed view of what ip66 is, some of its uses, and how it is beneficial.
What is Ip66 Rating?
It is imperative to understand ingress rating before going ahead and decoding ip66.
Simply put, IP ratings grade your electrical enclosures and determine their efficacy against the intrusion of dust and liquids. Ingress protection ratings comprise a two-digit number. The first number tells you how effective your enclosure is against solid intrusions like debris and dust, followed by the second number that gives you an idea of how well your enclosure would perform against liquids.
Ip66 protects your enclosure against high pressure and multi-directional water jets. Any electrical equipment is only given an ip66 rating once it is able to endure high-pressure and multi-directional water projected from a 0.50-inch nozzle.
The Uses of IP66
An ip66 rating has various indoor as well as outdoor applications. Let’s take a look at a few in detail.
- Building automation enclosures: Appropriate for plastic enclosures installed on top of light poles and buildings to protect electrical components used for Wi-Fi systems, access control, security alarms, and more.
- Agricultural equipment: High-quality socket outlets are used to protect equipment programmed for agricultural processes like irrigation.
- Industrial automation: An ingress protection rating is important for electrical enclosures housing components used for factory floor and automation control.
Advantages of IP66
Ingress protection has been an important element for electrical enclosures. They have for long protected several electrical installations against extreme weather conditions and assured seamless operations. There are several benefits associated with investing in ip66 socket outlets.
- IP66 can offer effective protection against a high amount of pressurised water sprays coming from bigger nozzles.
- The electrical enclosures have a smooth texture and an aesthetic design
- The foremost quality ip66 enclosures are manufactured from durable and tough thermoplastic
- Another great benefit is the maximum weather protection and versatility of operations.
Whether or not investing in good quality ip66 enclosures would benefit your establishment would depend significantly on the environment. If your electrical enclosures are experiencing high-intensity water splashes, there is no better option than ip66. However, if there is no risk of water seeping into the enclosures, a lower ingress protection rating can also do the job.
Ensuring a Quality Buy
Now that you have a clear idea about the benefits and uses of ingress protection, the next step would be to go ahead and buy an IP rated electrical enclosure for your enterprise. Our recommendation would be to connect with a reputed electrical service provider. They will provide you with the utmost value and top-notch quality. Furthermore, their extensive range of enclosures will ensure a seamless fit with your infrastructure. The team of professionals at a renowned electrical provider would evaluate your need and recommend the best possible socket outlet. As soon as you connect with a renowned provider, you can move ahead with your purchase.