Some of the biggest names of players that use Python for their products/services are Google, Netflix, Mozilla Firefox, NASA, Dropbox, IBM, Yahoo Maps, Facebook, Walt Disney Feature Animation, Quora, Reddit, Expedia, MIT, Hike, Spotify, Amazon, Pinterest, YouTube, Uber, Disqus, Udemy, Shutterstock, Nokia, and many more.
Huh! All the big names!
What’s so great about this language?
Let us explore.
Some key facts about Python that will make you think of taking Python training and make a career that requires you to be a Python expert.
- Python ranked #2 in the list of most loved programming languages, according to StackOverflow’s Developer survey of 2019.
- It is considered to be one of the most sought-after programming languages for AI engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts.
- Some of the domains that Python caters are web development, Software testing, computer graphics, machine learning, Big Data, web scraping, data analysis, and the Internet of Things.
- Over 75% of the movies users watch are recommended by Netflix; these recommendations are made by Machine Learning which uses Python.
- The average annual salary of a Python Developer in the US is around USD 116,000.
- It is a great language for beginners. It is the simplicityof Python, that makes it the most popular language, according to Glassdoor.
- Python is the most favored language for start-ups.
A programming language that is widely used across industries can be beneficial to learn as you can choose the area of your interest. If you are interested in developing gaming applications, you can go with it; if you wish to develop a website you can go with web development and so on.
Let us now explore this versatile language and how you can master it.
What is Python?
Python is a general-purpose programming language that has been on the top of the most preferred programming languages by IT professionals, for the third year in a row. Python is a high-level language that is a scalable and portable language.
Python is ideal for use in :
Web and Internet Development
- Microframeworks such as Flask and Bottle
- Advanced content management systems such as Plone and Django CMS.
Scientific and Numeric Computing
Writing system scripts as in creating instructions that suggest a machine/computer do something.
Python skills are required for almost all the job roles across industries that include Python developer/engineer, Python automation tester, System administrator, researchers, business pros, cybersecurity analysts/ security consultant, data science engineer, Internet of Things.
To master the concepts of Python and become an expert, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
How to learn Python Step-by-Step
1. Choose an area of your interest.
The areas you can choose are data science, websites, mobile applications, gaming, hardware/robots/sensors, data processing and analysis, Scripts to automate your tasks.
After selecting any of the areas you can gear your learning towards them, and you can gradually land up building projects in the same.
2. Learn the Basic Syntax
Obviously, this is the most crucial step to learn Python. After all, basic syntaxes are required to start coding even a small piece of the program.
3. Learn Python Fundamentals
To learn any programming language, you need to know basic concepts. Likewise, you are required to learn the fundamental concepts of Python that include:
- Variables and Data Types
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Exception Handling and I/O Operations
- Loops, Conditionals, and Control Statements
- Modules and File Handling
- Database Knowledge.
4. Good knowledge of web frameworks
You are required to hone either of the two web frameworks or both Django and Flask, to become a good Python developer. Along with these web frameworks, you are also expected to have a good grasp of Java, Cascading Style Sheets or CSS, and HTML. Knowledge of these techniques helps you in making a good and clear design of web development.
5. When you wish to become Data Scientist
Knowledge of Python makes you one step closer to becoming a Data Scientist if you have a great grasp of the concepts like Statistics and Math, Libraries(NumPy, Matpolib, Seaborn, Pandas), Interpretation and Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, Database Knowledge.
6. Familiarity with ORM Libraries
You need to know how to use and connect applications through an ORM or Object Relational Mapper such as Django ORM, SQLAlchemy; it makes your task easier, faster, and more efficient.
7. Basic Understanding of Front End Technologies
8. Knowledge of Python Libraries
Having knowledge of Python libraries makes your task easier as it makes task execution faster. You must know some common libraries of Python to help you in coding a program.
9. Version Control
You need to keep track of each and every change made to the code so that it
becomes easy to manage those changes.
Apart from the skills mentioned, the most crucial skill you need to develop is an excellent communication skill which is required in every domain. Irrespective of your job role which may include creating a projecting, managing it, or testing it, you need great communication skills in order to make it a success.
Though developing the skills is beneficial and serves as a weapon in becoming a successful Python developer, taking up additional training courses can make your career skyrocket. There are many online training providers that make sure that you are prepared properly and flawlessly to land into a Python developer or any related job that requires expertise in Python.
They provide you with flexible learning hours which means you can go with self-paced learning. Also, there are different modes of learning to choose from as Blended learning, online training, and instructor-led training. On the completion of the course, mock tests are taken to polish your preparation, and doubt sessions are conducted by industry experts to fix the loopholes if any.
Get yourself enrolled now!