Everybody around us knows about what is a cash counting machine, where it is used but very few people are aware about How does a Cash Counting machine Work? So we will understand it’s working in this article.
For your basic information a device, which counts a pile of currency notes, is known as a cash counting machine. Any entity which needs to calculate large amount of currency notes on a regular basis need to have a cash counting machine. Example: banks.
LETS UNDERTSNAD THE WORKING:
1.) PLACE THE CURRENCY NOTES ON THE FEEDING TRAY
- To understand how note counting machine work initially put money in the feeding tray where there is an optical sensor which transmits light when we put money in the feeding tray and light gets reflected back to the sensor. When light is reflected back the sensor gives signal to the controller.
- The controller on receiving the signal starts the motor. Motor is connected to the roller through the belts. As soon as the motor starts, the roller starts rotating.
2.) NOTES START MOVING AHEAD AS ROLLER ROTATES
- When the roller starts rotating, the cash counting machine starts to work as the currency notes starts moving forward. As the thickness between roller and machine body is maintained, therefore single piece of paper is accepted at a time.
3.) FAKE NOTES ARE DETECTED AS THEY PASS THROUGH THE SENSORS
- To understand HOW DOES A CASH COUNTING MACHINE WORK we need to know which all sensors are present for detection purpose. The note is passed through multiple sensors like infrared sensor, magnetic sensor, UV sensor and multiple transmitters and receivers. These all sensors check multiple parameters on the currency like magnetic thread, UV pattern, symbol, length and width of currency, magnetic ink and color course.
- INFRARED SENSOR is used for double note detection. The note needs to be scanned fully, in case the notes are stick or are dirty, the light is not emitted and scanning stops.
- UV SENSOR is responsible for detecting fluorescent strips, dots and other markings that are not visible to us.
- MAGNETIC SENSOR is responsible for detecting the magnetic properties present in every currency paper.
4.) SENSORS VERIFY THE COLLECTED DATA WITH THE STORED DATA
- Here comes the main understanding of how currency counting machine work. These sensors send their data to the controller. Now the controller compares the collected data with the stored data and if the data is not matched then it stops the counting and displays error message. If there is no error in data then counter adds the count that means the note is forwarded.
5.) NOTES ARE COLLECTED AT THE OTHER END, THE TRAVELLING SPEED IS THEN ADJUSTED BY THE MACHINE ON ITS OWN
- Moving on further there is a stacker motor by which each note is collected and placed at the receiver end.
- At the receiver end there is another sensor which is called as speed rotational sensor, it has the job of checking the speed of counting which is different for different machines.
Suggested Reads: How Application Integration Architecture Impacts Digital Currencies
Thereafter the signal is sent to the controller and the controller automatically adjusts and sets the travelling speed.