When you are looking forward to getting your doors installed, it is important to inspect the quality of the door. At times, some customers face issues within few months of the installation. Some of the points to consider when inspecting the quality of doors in Edmonton at the time of installation are:
- First thing to keep in mind when installing new doors is whether the door jambs and frame is tight or not. If you see any gaps, it is an indicator of bad installation- and it should be rectified instantly by installing weather stripping on either side which seals tight against the opening. It helps in keeping the drafts out in cold, insects in the hot season and rainwater during rainfall.
- The next thing to consider is the door handle which should be tightly mounted to the frame rather than an angle. Dead bolt is a major part of any door.
- Thirdly, it is important to inspect the hinges too. They should be tightly attached and should turn effortlessly without any resistance. You need to check the door hardware for the strike plate which is affixed on the wall with fasteners- it should fit perfectly against the frame when the door is shut to keep your house as secure as possible. They need to fit perfectly on both sides of the opening without any wiggle space. If there is any motion seen between them, it means that the installer hasn’t performed his task efficiently. The best way to inspect the door hinges is to lift up one portion of the door and see if all the screws are mounted properly or not.
- Check if the door is very close to the ground or at an angle because it is yet another sign of inappropriate installation. Water can seep in and stain the floor if this is the entrance door.
- Next thing to inspect is the locking functionality. Make sure it is robust and sturdy and not clicky. Look out for door trim and molding to ensure there aren’t any gaps or cracks.
- Lastly, don’t forget to inspect the paint. It should be of high-quality and long lasting without any chipping or peeling.
Instant checks for quality door installment in a Canadian home –
- Does it operate perfectly well?
- Are all the parts available and accounted for?
- Do you notice any gap between the frame and door?
- Does it have weather stripping on both sides and causes sealing out drafts in winter or insects in summers?
Door installment service standards:
- All doors and their frames should be sealed tight by means of weather stripping on both sides via sealant or other approved options.
- The installation shall be a smooth operation. All the hardware should be provided to mount the hinges. The threshold on the entrance door should have a rubber seal to prevent weather stripping.
At Window Mart, we offer the best quality doors and top-notch installation services with professional workmanship standards. Just call us for all your doors and windows related consultation.