How to practice Physics for the NEET test is a concern that many medical students have. Most medical students are afraid of mathematics and want to avoid topics that require numbers. When they are introduced to Physics in Class 11, the first few chapters remind them of Calculus, and so the dread returns. At this point, it is critical to realize that while these two issues appear to be comparable, they are not. While Math is all about formulae and numbers, NEET Physics must be mastered before you begin answering questions. So, before jumping to the tips & strategies, let’s check out the NEET physics important topics that need attention.
NEET Physics Important Topics
The main topics listed below are the crucial aspects wherein the majority of NEET Physics questions are raised. Also, you can check out the NEET Physics Important Questions sets here. Aspirants should cover the Physics chapters listed below while studying for the NEET test.
- The mobility of particle systems with a solid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electronic devices
Tips for Beginners on NEET Physics Preparation
As explained in the introduction, the initial chapters that address a candidate for Physics are typically Mechanics, Calculus, and so on. These involve a lot of mathematical calculation, which reminds one of math. This is the point at which the applicant sees parallels between the two courses and begins to approach Physics as if it were Mathematics. They overlook the fact that, unlike mathematics, physics contains ideas as well. This incorrect basic throws their preparation off course.
1. Abstain from fanaticism.
Aspirants studying for NEET Physics can be categorized into two groups: those who devote too much effort to Physics and those who avoid answering Physics problems. Staying on either side of the spectrum will not benefit. Physics accounts for just 25% of the questions in the previous NEET exam, therefore spending too much effort on it would jeopardize your chances of performing well in the other 75%. Candidates must devote equal time to each of the subject areas.
2. Competing against those appearing for the JEE
It is essential to acknowledge that you are not taking any engineering admission exams. Many applicants begin studying for the NEET Physics portion in the company of someone who is studying for the JEE. For their preparation, they also consult JEE Main/Advanced question papers. It is important to note that NEET Physics follows an entirely different pattern and has a distinct degree of expectation. JEE Problem Solving Major question answers are still acceptable but do not stress yourself by attempting JEE Advanced level questions.
3. NEET Physics Textbooks Choices
There are no exceptions to the fact that NCERT is required for NEET preparation. This is the finest book for NEET Physics, and it will help you lay the groundwork for your preparation, but you’ll also need a book to assist you to improve your concepts. This is the point at which you introduce a reference book. Both experts and toppers agree that HC Verma is the finest reference book for NEET Physics, including both theory and problems. The questions after each chapter begin simple and progressively rise in difficulty.
4. Avoiding JEE Reference Books
Always keep in mind that NEET Physics does not need you to complete mathematical problems from the JEE Advanced level. Candidates preparing for engineering admission tests have a good grasp of mathematics, but those preparing for NEET typically do not study mathematics after Class 10. As a result, comparing your Physics understanding to theirs is not appropriate. Keep just about the books that have been suggested for NEET Physics. Maximizing efficiency here will assist you in preparing for the other two portions.
5. Revising Important Physics Questions For NEET exam
Among the most essential considerations for NEET, candidates are to prioritize subjects based on weightage and levels of difficulty. It is not necessarily required for an applicant to be equally at ease with all of the chapters or sub-topics contained in the Physics syllabus. Some topics may appear to be extremely simple to understand, yet they may also be rather time-consuming.
Simultaneously, aspirants may find some of the topics in the Physics curriculum to be extremely difficult, but this is entirely dependent on how they prioritize completing these concepts. Revising NEET Physics Important Questions will balance out the things between difficult and easy. This way, most of the doubts can also be solved.
6. Keeping a list of all the formulas
Toppers advise compiling a note of all the essential formulae found in each chapter at the conclusion. Keep this list ready while you work through the questions. Always refer to the list while answering questions. This will aid your retention of the material.
What strategy should you use to solve the physics questions?
Because NEET Physics demands attention and speed, the sequence is dependent on your energy levels. If you are more active at the start of the test and can concentrate better throughout the first hour, you should tackle the Physics part first. However, if you are the type of person who starts slowly and picks up speed at the finish, save the Physics portion for last. Also, when you finally start working on this portion, you must keep up the pace. Now is not the time to think creatively. If you get entangled in one of the questions, go on to the next. Return to this one at the conclusion.
In the absence of a proper preparation approach, the physics portion may be a nightmare for most medical students. Just like any other exam, it is suggested that medical aspirants must also practice mock tests for exams like NEET. Physics, being a calculative subject, is difficult at times but practicing its important questions will be worth good scores. Following professional advice and focusing on it is an essential aspect of NEET preparation. Students are encouraged to read expert viewpoints every aspirant should understand before tackling do-or-die NEET topics such as physics.