A conclusion is a brief overview of the written assignment, the author’s implications, and recommendations. Usually, a conclusion represents from 5 to 10% of the total volume of the paper. It is essential to write the conclusion deliberatively because the reader’s impression of the work is formed on its basis.
Every paper is a unique project, which helps the student to express his or her point of view, analyze the scholars’ publications, and present his or her thoughts. Each of these papers has certain peculiarities of the conclusion. The following pieces of advice will help you write a good conclusion for different types of written work. You can also click here to read more.
How to Write a Good Essay Conclusion
A conclusion should indicate that the essay has come to an end. This is the section where the author should sum everything up. But remember: the style and tone of the conclusion must be the same as the whole essay. You Can Also Check How to Say Shut Up in Spanish.
There are several types of essay conclusions:
- A rhetorical question. If the essay was written in the form of questions and answers, it could be completed with a rhetorical question, which will make the reader think about what he or she has read and formulate a conclusion of his or her own.
- A summarization of the author’s position. This is a classic essay conclusion. The author needs to summarize the takeaway from the above-mentioned text briefly.
- A call to action. It is not very typical for educational essays, but some social topics can be revealed with the help of such a conclusion.
- A circular composition. In this case, the conclusion should resonate with the introduction. The simplest option: the introduction raises a question, and the conclusion answers it.
How to Write a Good Conclusion of a Research Paper
In a research paper, the conclusion is a mandatory section, where the results of the research are summarized. Its task is to briefly and succinctly convey the value of the ideas put forward, proposed developments, and the obtained results to the maximum number of readers to convince them of the conclusion validity and the usefulness of the work.
The author should mention:
– the relevance of the research paper to remind why a particular topic is chosen, and confirm the correctness of its justification based on the materials of the research;
– the goals and objectives (no need to duplicate the wording, simply indicating how the author accomplished an objective and to what extent the goals are achieved would be enough);
– the critical points of the main body (no need to retell its content, it is enough to summarize the theoretical conclusions in a thesis, and present the results of the practical case in more detail).
All these data must be consistently related to each other. Saturation with figures and facts is encouraged.
How to Write a Good Lab Report Conclusion
The lab report conclusion presents the results of the author’s research and is one of its main elements. The professor may turn a blind eye to some inaccuracies of the formatting, minor miscalculations, but in case of an incorrectly written conclusion, get ready to hand in the work again. Since it is from the conclusion that it is easy to understand how well you have mastered the topic, whether you know the terminology, can analyze the obtained data, and summarize the conducted research.
When writing a good lab report conclusion, it is recommended to do the following:
– designate the subject of study and methods of its research;
– write down the result obtained in the course of work, taking into account various types of errors;
– if there are graphs, describe the conclusions drawn on their basis;
– compare the obtained result with the tabulated one and try to explain the reason for the possible discrepancy between the analyzed data;
– to evaluate the completeness of the solutions of the set tasks.