When you’re looking for a place to live, it’s always good to have options. But sometimes, renting an apartment or buying a house can be too expensive. A granny flat is the perfect Granny Flat Solutions. Granny flats are smaller than apartments and they are often less expensive to buy and maintain. There are many reasons why people choose to buy a granny flat instead of renting an apartment or purchasing their own home.
Reason Why People Buy A Granny Flat:
- It gives your kids space of their own. Kids need more space than just a bedroom, and having their own place to live is very important.
- It also provides separate living quarters from other family members if necessary (such as in cases where there would otherwise not be enough room in the house).
- It can be a great place to live for people who are looking for short-term housing while they’re searching for their own home. This is especially true if you have been waiting on an inheritance or financial assistance from family members in order to purchase your first property.
- The granny flat may also provide a solution when there isn’t enough room within your budget, mortgage and time frame of having children (especially as parents start considering larger houses) – it provides a way to keep living where you currently reside without making drastic changes that will take longer than anticipated before getting back into the market again. It’s like renting without actually being a tenant!
- For those with aging parents or relatives, it’s a way to provide them with independent living while still being close by, in order to care for them when needed.
- For those who want to live mortgage free, renting out the granny flat can offset some of the costs they’re paying on their home loan every month and make it possible for early retirement from work.
- It’s also perfect if you or your partner are working long hours because it provides an opportunity to have private space where no one else has access without having the hassle of commuting back and forth between properties.
- Most importantly, purchasing a granny flat is about striking up new relationships within our community. It opens doors that we might never have met otherwise.
- You can rent out your granny flat when you don’t need it This is another good reason why people buy a granny flat. If you’re not using it and can’t find someone to live there long term, then renting out the space for short-term stays might be your best option as well.
- If you work from home, then this will be your office space. It’ll help to separate the living and working spaces which is so important for people who need that separation of their life in order to focus on what they’re doing. Especially if you have kids or pets running around at all times.
- Granny flats are often cheaper than building an entirely new house on the property. They’re easier to maintain because they don’t require yard work like a traditional home does and You’ll have more privacy in your main house since you won’t need to worry about noise from the granny flat at night.