We are in an age where digital marketing has become integral to business growth, and almost everyone acknowledges it worldwide. There also has been tremendous growth in the digital marketing agency sector. Countless experts surfaced in the last decade. However, with the ease of user tools, many decided to take it upon themselves and do the digital marketing by themself.
Therefore, we have decided to bring you insights in an easy ‘pros and cons’ approach. It is an unbiased approach and analysis of DIY Digital Marketing vs the best digital marketing agency. Let’s have a look:
The Difference Between DIY Digital Marketing and A Digital Marketing Agency
As the name suggests, DIY means Do-It-Yourself. It is when you take responsibility to acquire skills and knowledge and use it. Hence, DIY Digital Marketing is when you decide to learn, pursue courses if needed, and use friendly tools to do it for your business.
On the other hand, when you need to hire a digital marketing service of an expert, you approach an agency. You outsource your work, tell them your requirements, and they do it.
There’s another side of DIY Digital Marketing that people tend to confuse. It is the in-house digital marketing department. Businesses consider DIY digital marketing, but that’s not true. At that point, you’re working with a digital marketing agency or a team.
Now that you have a clear distinction, let’s move towards the pros and cons.
Pros Of DIY Digital Marketing
The primary benefit of doing it yourself is the time and availability. You can do it at your convenience and whenever you have free time. That is also the biggest drawback of the DIY approach. What if you get too busy or end up exhausted? You wouldn’t want to do it anymore.
But let’s focus on the pros first:
- You learn digital marketing skills, tools, and everything about digital marketing. It might require you to pursue a course, but you can do it.
- You stay updated with the market if you DIY digital marketing. After all, you will spend time learning about new Google and Search Engine updates, algorithms, and trends.
- You will get to learn about new tools, AI generation, plagiarism and how to tackle it, among other things.
- DIY can save you costs, as you don’t have to pay anyone. The money you use will ultimately be for your business. If you invest in digital marketing tools, they will be for your enterprise to use.
Cons Of DIY Digital Marketing
Burnout is the first con, as mentioned earlier, but that’s not all. You will be splitting your focus each day to provide yourself with digital marketing services and also run your business. Thus, balancing the two will become challenging. Other cons include:
- Not knowing the right tools, or by mistake spending on the wrong tools.
- Having trouble with content creation, as Google and other search engines can easily detect AI-generated content.
- You might end up with too much pressure that you will end up overlooking the business prospect.
The bottom line is DIY Digital Marketing is great for content creators online. Their objective is to learn digital marketing and algorithms and work with them. So, if your business is focused on digital marketing or at least has some relation to it, you will do well. Otherwise, it will just become a hindrance.
The Pros Of Hiring a Digital Marketing Service
A digital marketing agency is a specialised company that focuses on staying up to date with the trends, tools, and everything else. You will have experienced personnel taking care of your business. Other perks include:
- Easily scaling the services to fit your budget.
- Getting expert advice or assistance with website and social media management.
- You can focus on your business while experts care for your digital marketing.
- There will always be a team of experts available to help you out.
- They will quickly change the strategy, stay up to date, and ensure results as you hire them.
- You will have more time for yourself and your business.
Cons Of The Digital Marketing Agency
The only con of deciding to hire a digital agency is finding the right one. You can browse around or get test services. Apart from that, if you don’t understand digital marketing, they can help you learn more about it. However, that’s only possible with agencies like Telsa Media. Many agencies might not prefer to help you out. So, you have to choose your trusted companion carefully.
After all, getting a digital marketing agency is like having a long-term business partner. They understand that if you grow, they will grow alongside you.
The Bottom Line
If you seek more time and don’t want to get lost in the tech-oriented world, hiring a digital marketing service would be the right choice. However, if you want to grow your skills in digital marketing, or have a business that primarily works on digital platforms, then DIY could be a better choice.