Having goals in life is essential; it could be long-term or short-term. When we talk about goals, we think of life goals, but today we are talking about relationship goals. It needs hard work and strong determination, and you quickly see the magic.
Goal setting for a couple is an unusual activity for a married couple. It enhances your relationship and cements your status as a partner in life and love. It ensures that the couple continues to move forward together, working to fulfill common dreams. Some top marriage site profiles allow you to communicate to the partner and cross-check the compatibility, and it helps to find a partner with the same goals as you.
Goals could be about anything: health, fitness, finances, family planning, or spirituality, etc. So give some time, spend some hours together to set those goals specific to your marriage,
Some points that need to remember before setting the goals:
- State goal in favorable terms
- Make goal success measurable
- Set realistic but slightly challenging goals
- Always remember never to mark impossible and unachievable goals.
Be specific with your goals, “we spend more time together,” but this is not specific, how much time, when, etc., meanwhile saying things like ‘’we will have at least one game at a month” is more explicit. Goals must be specific, so it is easier to achieve.
The experienced couple already knows many ways of handling the different situations, but let us helps a newlywed couple. We have a list to follow:
- Always support your partner: assurance of being at the back and keeping your partner is essential. Your partner would always be on hand to talk with you, which is calming. No matter what the situation is, one needs to support the other.
- Express love: loving someone is not enough, but expressing your love completes the love story. Love is the critical essence of a marriage cake. Once you stop showing it, it might fail in a relationship. After staying together for an extended period, the couple takes each other for granted, initializing the breakage.
- Talk about anything: it takes efforts, love, time, and many known and unknown sacrifices to build a relationship. One needs to talk and discuss things daily as it helps to avoid pilling things. Punjabi marriages did not have these issues as Punjabi’s have an open mouth and could speak about anything.
- Be a good listener: many relationships never reach their desired destination and die so early because of inappropriate understanding and bad listening. Yes, oppositions and fights are familiar but not hearing your partner is unreasonable.
- Allow some space: having a “me time” helps your body rejuvenate and calm your soul. Giving space to your partner is a trendy thing, and it works. It is necessary to respect your partner and respect their choices.
- Honest, genuine and open communication: having an extensive conversation could scramble a big stone. Being honest is essential as it might give unnecessary issues to fight between the couple.