With 40+ years of academic excellence, Rathinam college has been ranked among the top 150 institutions by NIRF, the government of India for five years in a row now. It is known for its superior educational standards.
The Rathinam Group’s 70-acre campus is located on NH 209 in south Coimbatore and filled with exuberance.
Rathinam college conducts monthly meetings to examine department activities to identify any discrepancies in the teaching-learning process between teachers and students. There are over 200 highly experienced faculty members who are involved in the utilization of advanced technology in the teaching methodologies and change the status quo with an effective approach to learning. The curriculum has been designed keeping in view the growth and development of students and their future.
There are several labs dedicated to different departments including Web Technology Lab, Java Lab, Open Source Lab, Sewing Lab, Tally Lab, Big Data Analytics Lab, etc.
RATHINAM AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The Rathinam Campus is home to over 4000 students, including 250+ international students from 25+ countries. Rathinam was chosen as one of 35 institutes across India to be the hub for the first phase of the ATAL Innovation Mission due to its commitment to innovation.
The ATAL Incubation Centre (AIC) is a project of the NITI AAYOG’s ATAL Innovation Mission (AIM), which stimulates and supports innovative businesses by providing facilities, resources, and an unquestionable mentorship ecosystem.
Rathinam is well-equipped to provide entrepreneurship training to potential incubates, due to its formal partnership with EDII (Govt. of India).
VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS AND COURSES
- Department of Computer Science offers courses like:
- B.Sc (Computer Science, Information Technology, digital and cyber forensic science, data science, business analysis, etc.)
- Department of Commerce offering courses like:
- B.Com (IT, Banking and Insurance, International Business, computer applications)
- Department of Maths, Physics, Psychology, and Biosciences.
- Department of Management
- BBA (Logistics, Computer Applications)
- Department of English
- Department of Costume Design and Fashion.
LIFE AT RATHINAM
- The campus has an IT Park and an Entertainment Zone.
- Transport facilities are available for the students.
- Many clubs and committees are especially dedicated to different extracurriculars: Nature club, Cultural club, Media arts club, Youth Red Cross, NSS, Women’s club, Toastmaster club, Techno club, Competitive and Higher Education Club, Fashion and Art Club, Consumer Club.
- Hostels with 24×7 security provide a sound living to the students with CCTV camera installations.
- Part-time Job within the campus.
- 90.8 CR Radio inside the campus.
Personality Development is a great focus area at Rathinam College to help students sharpen their communication skills, analytical skills, and business acumen by providing them with soft skills training as well as employability skills development training. In the year 2006, a dedicated team of Placement officers, HR managers, HR consultants, and the Heads of the Departments work with the corporates and students to meet all these objectives.
Leading companies across various disciplines that come for campus placements are the likes of Amazon, Accenture ( a fortune 500 company), Citi Bank, Infosys, cognizant, byju’s, bosch, and many others.
Activities of Placement Cell:
- Sessions on career counseling and guidance.
- Soft Skill training programs.
- Aptitude tests for assessment.
- Sessions on effective communication and personal grooming for a well-rounded personality.
- Interactions with companies and on-campus interviews.
Coimbatore, located at the foothills of the Nilgiris, is Tamil Nadu’s second-largest city. Coimbatore is one of the most rapidly rising cities in India. Engineering, arts, social science, law, business, medical science, and journalism are among the subjects offered by the majority of colleges in Coimbatore. The education system in Coimbatore is well-developed, and the city’s colleges have become increasingly important. Coimbatore’s first institution was the Government Arts College. Colleges in Coimbatore offer graduate, postgraduate, doctorate, and certificate programs.
Top degree list of colleges in Coimbatore include the following:
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
- PSG College Of Arts And Science
- PSGR Krishnammal College for Women
- Government Arts College
- Kongunadu Arts and Science College
- CMS College of Science and Commerce
- Sri Krishna Arts and Science College
- P.S.G College of Technology
- Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham
- Rathinam College