Netgear WiFi range extender is a smart device that helps in eliminating dead zones into fun zones with an ultimate wireless coverage more than 10,000 square feet according to the extender model you choose. Not only this but also Netgear extenders replicate the WiFi signals coming out from your router and provide the extended and uninterrupted internet range throughout your building.
Although Netgear WiFi range extender has grabbed many eye balls but sometimes, you may face major issues with it. And the most common yet major issue that users face is during Netgear extender setup.
If you want to fix issues with your Netgear extender, then go through the troubleshooting tips in this article. Let’s hit the nail on the head!
Improper placement of your Netgear WiFi range extender can be the root cause behind the annoying issue. Apart from that, the placement of your router that you use for the Netgear extender setup process might result in the same issue.
The only way to fix this issue is to place your Netgear extender and the router in close proximity. Besides, it is suggested – avoid placing your devices near to thick walls, corners or inside a cabinet.
Unable to Connect to Netgear WiFi Extender
If you are not connected to your extender’s WiFi, then also you may encounter with the issue. Thus, to fix issues with your Netgear extender, make sure to connect your WiFi-enabled devices with the extender’s SSID, Netgear_ext.
Can’t Connect Extender to Router
If the Ethernet or WiFi connection between your extender and router is not successfully established then also you can’t make most out of your Netgear device. Thus, to fix issues with your Netgear extender, make sure to connect it with your home router properly.
Unable to Log in to Netgear Extender
For the Netgear extender setup process, you need to access its login page using www.mywifiext.net. The Netgear extender login page allows you to configure your extender in a hassle-free way. But sometimes, when a user tries to access the extender login page, they usually encounter with an error message or pop up. It usually happens when you make the common mistakes highlighted below:
- The web address, www.mywifiext.net is entered in the browser’s search bar.
- Also, there might be typos in the web address that is preventing you from accessing the extender login page.
- You might be using an outdated internet browser.
- Your client devices are not connected to Netgear_ext.
So, to fix such issues, make sure:
- To enter the web address in the browser’s URL bar.
- Cross-check the web address.
- Update the internet browser and also clear unwanted tabs and entire browsing history.
- Connect your PC or laptop to Netgear_ext before having access to the Netgear extender login page.
Quick Tip: Download Netgear Genie app to log in to extender and configure it with ease. For Netgear Genie download, contact our professionals.
Outdated Extender’s Firmware
In the event that the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender is outdated, then also you may encounter issues with your device. To update the firmware, see the Netgear extender manual for on-screen instructions. Also, the firmware of your extender can also be updated using the Netgear Genie app.
Intermittent WiFi Connection
Another common issue with your Netgear extender is discontinuous internet connection. There can be various reasons behind this issue:
- Outdated router
- Expired internet plan
- Router not placed in reach of the Netgear extender
- You router is located inside a cabinet
- Router’s hardware is corrupted or faulty
- Netgear extender and router are not getting steady and fluctuation-free power supply
- Incorrect routerlogin.net password
The only way to fix the issue is to contact your ISP and ask them to upgrade your router and data plan. Apart from that, make sure to locate your router openly in reach of your extender and provide your devices a continuous power supply.
For more Netgear extender troubleshooting tips, drop your queries into the comment section.